Keto Zucchini Banana Bread
You’ll love our perfectly delicious and moist Keto Zucchini Banana Bread! This healthy-for-you recipe is the recipe you have been missing on a low carb/keto diet!
Click HERE to Pin Keto Zucchini Banana Bread
Keto Zucchini Banana Bread ??
Are you looking to incorporate more vegetables into your diet? This is a sneaky-delicious way to get that extra serving or two of vegetables into your diet without even noticing! This Keto Zucchini Banana Bread is deliciously moist, flavorful, and healthy! In order to make this zucchini banana bread low carb AND keto-friendly, we decided to use banana extract to cut the sugar of using actual bananas. It’s under your discretion if you desire to use a ripe banana or two with this recipe. You do you!
Cooking With Mom Series:
My mom is quite the recipe developer and she always has been! Every so often she’ll text me about a recipe she’s creating and once she’s perfected it, she’ll come over and we will shoot it together for this blog and spend quality time together! Having these moments with her is priceless, and I’m so happy to have this series on my blog. I hope you love her newest creation, this keto zucchini banana bread, as much as I do! Be sure to check out more of her recipes in this series: Best Oven Baked Pancakes, Best Keto Buns, and Low Carb Apple Crisp to name a few.
How To Make Keto Zucchini Banana Bread:
- Peel two medium sized Zucchini’s and boil until soft (about 15 min.).
- Using a fork or food processor, mash the zucchini until made into a pulp. If desired, use a paper towel to absorb excess water that may pool at the top of the pulp.
- In a separate bowl, cream together sweetener and butter.
- Then, mix the eggs and banana extract into the sweetener and butter.
- Add the zucchini pulp, olive oil, and ricotta cheese into the mixture from step 4 and blend well.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and blend.
Reasons Why We Used Zucchini For This Bread:
We used Zucchini in this recipe to make it more keto friendly since bananas tend to have quite a bit of sugar (14 grams of sugar and over 20 net carbs for a medium sized banana). Using zucchini for this recipe made our bread moist just like bananas would have. For the banana flavor, we used banana extract and it worked like a charm! Here are some more reasons to love Zucchini and use it for a great recipe like this:
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Supports healthy circulation and a healthy heart
- Boosts Energy
- You can read more reasons HERE.
Recommended ingredients for making this Keto Zucchini Banana Bread (low carb, grain free)
- Banana Extract – Cut the sugar of using actual bananas and try this recipe out with banana extract!
- Xanthan Gum – I love using this thickening agent for baked goods! Xanthan Gum also acts as a stabilizer to prevent separation of ingredients.
- Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener – This is our favorite sweetener! It’s great tasting and aftertaste-free. This sweetener does not affect your glycemic levels! You can get yours HERE and use our promo code ‘BUTTERTOGETHER‘ to receive 20% off your entire order on their site.
Nutrition (per slice) 1 loaf; About 10 Slices
Calories: 329 | Fat: 31.9g | Carbs: 6.2g | Fiber: 3.6g | Protein: 8.39g | Net Carbs: 2.6g
Click HERE to Pin Keto Zucchini Banana Bread
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page. Enjoy!
Keto Zucchini Banana BreadPrint
1 hour, 10 minutes
1 Loaf, About 10 Slices
|1 cup cooked Zucchini, about two medium sized|
|1 Stick of butter|
|3/4 cup Monk fruit, or choice of sweetener|
|1 tbsp Banana extract|
|1/4 cup Olive oil|
|2 tbsp Ricotta cheese|
|2 1/2 cups Almond flour|
|1 tbsp Cinnamon|
|1 tbsp Baking powder|
|1/2 tsp Xanthan gum|
|Pinch of salt|
|1/2 cup Walnuts, optional|
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9x5-inch loaf pan with Parchment paper or grease; set aside.
Peel two medium sized Zucchini's and boil until soft (about 15 min.). Drain.
Using a fork or food processor, mash the zucchini until made into a pulp. If desired, use a paper towel to absorb excess water that may pool at the top of the pulp.
In a separate bowl, cream together sweetener and butter.
Then, mix the eggs and banana extract into the sweetener and butter.
Add the zucchini pulp, olive oil, and ricotta cheese into the mixture from step 4 and blend well.
Add in all remaining ingredients and blend.
Pour mixture in loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. Enjoy
What can be used in place of ricotta? On Keto, I never buy or use ricotta and don’t want to buy a container just for the two tablespoons for this recipe. How about cream cheese? Coconut milk? Coconut cream?
The one thing I’ve missed more than anything since starting my diet was banana bread and I’m so glad I found an alternative! This bread is delicious and SO easy to make 🙂 My bread was a little too moist though and it fell apart a bit so I’m wondering if I underbaked it a little? I think next time I make it I’d put a little less banana extract and a little vanilla extract. Thank you for my new favorite recipe!