Our low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole dish is super easy to make and is guaranteed to satisfy that craving for the perfect bacon cheeseburger.
Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
If you’re trying to convince someone (or maybe yourself) to start a high fat, low carb diet, this is the dish you want to make! When we first started to change our eating habits, we were afraid that all keto recipes would be the same old boring thing, but when we created this recipe we realized that a ketogenic diet could be enjoyable! After all, what’s not to love about a bacon cheeseburger!? This recipe is easy, only requires a few common ingredients, and is oh so tasty. You won’t even miss the bun, we promise!
What You Need to Make This Casserole:
- Ground Beef
- Cream Cheese
- Cheese (our favorite is Mexican cheese)
- Ketchup (sugar free ketchup)
- heavy cream
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, Onion powder, Salt, Pepper
How Make Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole:
- Over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef and add in all your seasonings. Once cooked, drain grease and return to pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 3 large eggs, reduced sugar ketchup, mustard, heavy cream, and 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese, then set aside. Over low heat, stir in cream cheese into the ground beef until melted and then pour mixture from the bowl, including the chopped up cooked bacon and stir all ingredients together.
- Our everything into a 8×8 dish and top with 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and eggs are cooked. Enjoy!
Another thing that makes this dish so great is that it isn’t full of eggs. Similar low carb casseroles call for 6-8 eggs which is, frankly, way too many. Instead of enjoying the flavors of the bacon, cheese, and ground beef, you’re left with a mouthful of scrambled egg. Three eggs are enough to hold everything together and compliment the flavors of the other ingredients (instead of overpowering them).
Overall, this dish is super easy to make and is guaranteed to satisfy that craving for the perfect bacon cheeseburger. One serving of this dish is very filling so you’re sure to have leftovers. The good news is that this dish might be even better the next day!
Nutrition (per serving) 6 servings
Calories: 602 | Fat: 50g | Protein: 36g | Net Carbs: 2g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 6 Servings Serving Size: 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602 Total Fat: 50g Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 2g Sugar: 0g Protein: 36g
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.