This dish is super easy to make and is guaranteed to satisfy that craving for the perfect bacon cheeseburger. One serving of this dish is very filling so you’re sure to have leftovers. The good news is that this dish might be even better the next day!
If you’re trying to convince someone (or maybe yourself) to start a high fat, low carb diet, this is the dish you want to make! When we first started to change our eating habits, we were afraid that all keto recipes would be the same old boring thing, but when we created this recipe we realized that a ketogenic diet could be enjoyable! After all, what’s not to love about a bacon cheeseburger!? This recipe is easy, only requires a few common ingredients, and is oh so tasty.
You won’t even miss the bun, we promise!
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how great this looks? I mean, seriously, look at the CHEESE! I’m going to give you a tip that will make all the difference in the world when making this bacon cheeseburger casserole:
Drum roll please……
It’s all about the type of cheese you use! Normally you would top a dish like this with cheddar cheese, and that’s all fine and well, but for some reason a Mexican cheese blend really maximizes the flavor of this dish. You will absolutely love this dish if you make it using a Mexican blend of cheeses!
Another thing that makes this dish so great is that it isn’t full of eggs. Similar casseroles call for 6-8 eggs which is, frankly, way too many. Instead of enjoying the flavors of the bacon, cheese, and ground beef, you’re left with a mouthful of scrambled egg. Three eggs are enough to hold everything together and compliment the flavors of the other ingredients (instead of overpowering them). All in all, unless you’re in the mood for a bacon cheeseburger quiche, this is the recipe you’ll want to follow!
Overall, this dish is super easy to make and is guaranteed to satisfy that craving for the perfect bacon cheeseburger. One serving of this dish is very filling so you’re sure to have leftovers. The good news is that this dish might be even better the next day!
Nutrition (per serving) 6 servings
Calories: 602 | Fat: 50g | Protein: 36g | Net Carbs: 2g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Then please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
P.S Check out our Keto Mac & Cheese for more cheesy goodness!Print
This dish satisfies that never-ending craving for a good bacon cheeseburger. Easily makes this to share with friends and family!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 oz Bacon
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 tbs ketchup reduced sugar
- 4 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs salt
- ½ tbs pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop 8 oz bacon into bite-sized pieces and pan fry over medium-high heat. Set Aside
- Over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef in the same pan as the bacon, leaving the bacon grease in the pan. While the ground beef is cooking, stir in garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Once cooked, drain grease and return to pan.
- While the ground beef is cooking, whisk together 3 large eggs, ketchup, mustard, heavy cream, and ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, then set aside.
- Over low heat, stir 4 oz. cream cheese into the ground beef until melted and then pour the mixture from step 4 into the pan and stir all ingredients together.
- Pour everything in the pan (all ingredients combined) into an 8×8 dish and top with 1 ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend and cook for 20 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and the eggs are cooked.
- If you’re following a strict ketogenic diet you should use reduced sugar ketchup.
- When creating this recipe for the first time, we only had shredded Mexican cheese in our fridge. To our surprise, Mexican cheese tasted even better than cheddar! Feel free to experiment with your cheese of choice.
- We suggest using grass-fed beef and nitrate-free bacon. These types of meats have more nutrients, fats, omega 3, and are over-all just better for you.
- Serving Size: 1 Piece
- Calories: 602
- Fat: 50g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs 2g
- Protein: 36g
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.