Soft and moist on the inside, and crispy around the edges – these thick and soft keto snickerdoodle cookies are everything you’ve ever dreamt of and more!
Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies
Snickerdoodles are definitely a unique cookie. It seems like they show up every year for Christmas, remind everyone of how good they are, and then disappear for the rest of the year. It really is a tragedy!
That’s why I would like to officially announce my campaign to make snickerdoodles a treat that is enjoyed year-round! After all, there is never a bad time for cinnamon and sweetener!
Related: Keto Coffee Cake
How To Make These Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies Soft & Thick
It all starts with the ingredients, of course!
- With these cookies, we used a blend of both almond and coconut flours. Each flour is good on its own, but when you combine the two you are left with a very soft and flavorful cookie!
- There is also another ingredient that makes a huge difference – xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is a life-saver when making low carb sweets. We experimented with one cookie that had no xanthan gum and it was still tasty but it was significantly flatter than the ones picture. So basically, what it does is it makes the cookie stick together as a normal flour cookie would. Instead of having a dry, crumbly cookie, you’re left with one that’s thick, soft, and delicious!
Recommended tools for making these Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies (sugar free, grain free)
- Nonstick pans – Avoid having your cookies stick to the pan
- Silpat – Makes my life so much easier when cleaning and I’d rather use this than parchment paper.
- Cookie Scooper – Love my cookie scooper! Make sure you get a good one though.
Keto Snickerdoodle Cookie Coating
Of course, the best part of any snickerdoodle is the topping. These cooking are coated with a delicious layer of cinnamon and monkfruit.
The warm cinnamon flavor combined with the sweetness of monk fruit is a match made in cookie heaven. It is this combination that has made snickerdoodles a beloved favorite of so many for so long!
The warmth of the cinnamon and the sweetness of the monkfruit make these keto snickerdoodles the ultimate cuddle-on-the-couch cookie. In other words, these cookies are awesome for stay-at-home lazy days, binge watching, or staying in on a cold night. There is really no bad time to enjoy these awesome cookies!
Best Granulated Sweetener
We have many different keto dessert recipes on our site that are tasty, sugar free, and very low in carbs. We are able to do that while still having delicious recipes because of the sweetener we use, Lakanto’s Classic Monk Fruit Sweetener.
Many keto friendly sweeteners have a bad aftertaste and cooling affect that I do not care for, but Lakanto’s monk fruit does not! Some of the reasons why my husband and I love it: no aftertaste, it has a ratio of 1:1 to sugar, which makes converting traditional recipes easy, and best of all, it will not raise your glucose levels.
If you decide to give it a try, purchase monk fruit directly from Lakanto’s website and you can use our promo code “BUTTERTOGETHER” at checkout to receive 20% off your entire purchase.
Nutrition (per cookie) Makes 16 cookies
Calories: 139.3 | Fat: 12.6g | Carbs: 4.9g | Fiber: 3.06g | Protein: 3.6g | Net Carbs: 1.8g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 16 Cookies Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139.3 Total Fat: 12.6g Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 1.8g Fiber: 3.06g Protein: 3.6g