These Keto Pecan Snowball Cookies are the perfect treat for the holidays! These classic favorites are melt in your mouth delicious.
Favorite Holiday Memory
Growing up, my mom and dad have always loved making family traditions for my two little sisters and I. For our birthdays, my mom makes our favorite meals and my dad makes the cake that we request. Then, for Christmas, we make desserts as a family and have a table of yummy treats to snack on throughout the day. 🎅🤶 That family tradition started when I was about 12 years old and honestly, I am a fan. One of my favorite desserts that we would make were snow ball cookies! These keto pecan snow ball cookies, also known as Mexican Wedding Cake cookies, take me back to the good old days. These have instantly become one of my favorite holiday keto cookies! Nutty, buttery, and honestly, addictive! You can’t stop at one.
The Cookie with Many Names
I’ve never known of any other cookie to take on so many names (Mexican wedding cakes, Russian tea cakes, snowball cookies, Swedish teacakes, Danish almond cookies, and more)! No matter the name, these cookies are made with very few ingredients and end up tasting absolutely incredible. Even while using keto-friendly ingredients, these are spot on! As far as taste goes, these cookies are honestly about the closest I’ve ever gotten to making a recipe that tastes exactly like the original, non-keto, recipe. Oh, and there is no guilt! That alone is probably why this is my favorite Christmas recipe!
How To Make Keto Pecan Snowball Cookies
- Add the pecans into a food processor and pulse until ground. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and swerve until creamy.
- Add the flour, vanilla, sweetener, salt, and chopped pecans. Mix well again. *Chill dough for at least 1 hour. (helps keep from spreading and flattening)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1″ balls in the palm of your hand. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Immediately roll the cookie balls in swerve confectioners sugar for first coating. Allow the cookies to cool completely and then roll them in the confectioners sugar again.
Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
Our favorite nut for these cookies are pecans! You can also try these with chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, or almonds. 🌰🥜 Or, make them nut free by leaving the nuts out!
There’s no reason not to stay on a low carb diet when you can still have great tasting treats like these! So, by all means, enjoy your holiday cooking and baking because the kids (or you) won’t know the difference with this recipe.
Of course, Santa would also love love love these pecan snowball cookies all to himself when you put the kids to bed. 🎅😉
Helpful Tools To Make Cookies
- Ninja Processor – We recently got one of these and it’s our favorite thing ever! We got the one that also comes with the blender.
- Silpat – Honestly so much easier and faster to use this rather than greasing the pan or using parchment paper!
- Wire Cooling Racks – This helps cooling your baked goods faster!
Lakanto not our carries our favorite granulated sugar but they also carry our favorite powdered sugar! Other brands will leave you with a bad cooling effect or aftertaste. This sweetener is keto-friendly being that it is a zero glycemic sugar replacement! Try it out for yourself. Our readers get 20% off at checkout using the code: BUTTERTOGETHER
Nutrition (per cookie) 18 cookies
Calories: 139.8 | Fat: 14.3g | Carbs: 2.44g | Fiber: 1.55g | Protein: 2.5g | Net Carbs: 0.89g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
OTHER HOLIDAY RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY:Print
These Keto Pecan Snowball Cookies are the perfect treat during the holidays! These classic favorites are melt in your mouth delicious.
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup lakanto powdered sweetener, or swerve confectioner
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40 drops Liquid Stevia
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup lakanto powdered sweetener to roll balls in
- Add the pecans to a processor and pulse until ground. Set aside.
- In a bowl using mixer, mix the butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add the flour, vanilla, sweetener, salt, and chopped pecans. Mix well again.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour (helps keep from spreading and flattening)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1″ balls in the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Immediately roll the cookie balls in swerve confectioners sugar for first coating.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and then roll them in a second coating of the confectioners sugar.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 139.8
- Fat: 14.3g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 0.89g
- Fiber: 1.55g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: keto cookies, snowball cookies, Mexican wedding cookies, holiday cookies, pecan cookies, low carb cookies, keto dessert
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.