Keto Cinnamon Pretzels – Fat Head Dough
Soft, chewy, low carb and full of flavor! These Keto Cinnamon Pretzels are the perfect snack, especially when you’re craving something sweet!
Keto Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
Living in Florida, Dylan and I love to go to Disney! When we have some free time, we really enjoy being able to walk around the parks and soak in the atmosphere.
There are three things that are great about Disney: the rides, the shows, and most of all, the food! Other than a massive turkey leg, there is no other food that screams “theme park!!!” more than a soft pretzel.
Other than tasting great, I think the best part about a soft pretzel is its smell! It’s always the smell that gets me when I walk by that stand that’s selling pretzels. Especially the cinnamon pretzels!
But, since traditional soft pretzels are obviously not a part of our low carb lifestyle, we can no longer indulge in the goodness that is a soft pretzel. At least, not until now!
I have always preferred Gluten Free Soft Pretzel Baking Mix as opposed to the traditional. Don’t get me wrong, they’re both delicious, but nothing beats a warm, soft pretzel topped with cinnamon-sugar, dipped in a sweet cream cheese. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing.
What Is Fat Head Dough?
Fat Head dough is the key to making any low carb “bread”, and these pretzels are no exception.
Fat Head dough is used to make low carb pizza, bread, calzones, rolls, pigs in a blanket, and everything in between. The best part about Fat Head dough is that it’s suuupperr easy to make (oh, and that it tastes amazing!!).
All you’ll need are a few ingredients that I’m sure you already have (these ingredients are listed below).
The key to Fat Head dough is mozzarella cheese.
Mozzarella gives the dough its weight, texture and feel. I know, bread made out of mozzarella might sound sort of strange, but trust me, it is great! We do, however, add coconut flour to the dough which gives the dough a better taste than the traditional fat head dough recipe.
What To Dip These In:
If you’re looking for an easy cream cheese dip for these, check out the cream frosting that we used to create our Chewy Keto Coconut Cookies. You could easily use this frosting as a dip for these pretzels!
This frosting is sweet and gives these pretzels a little extra moisture. I would especially recommend that you make the dip if you plan on saving some keto pretzels for later. Like most “breads,” these pretzels can get a little dry if kept for more than a couple of days.
How To Make These Keto Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels:
- Gather all ingredients for dough: Mozzarella cheese, almond flour, egg, coconut flour, and cream cheese.
- The first step in making these yummy pretzels is to create your Fat Head dough. To do this, place your mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.Then, stir the mixture and microwave again for another 30 seconds.
- After the cream cheese and mozzarella have melted, add in your beaten egg and almond flour and coconut flour. Mix together (you may need to use your hands).
- Now that you’ve created your dough, separate it into five sections and begin to form your pretzels and then place them on a baking sheet.
Tip: The easiest way to do this is to roll each portion of dough into one long cylinder. Then, with the dough, make a heart shape with a round bottom. Ta-da! Pretzels.
Create Glaze And Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- After you’ve shaped your pretzels, bake them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- While your pretzels are baking, you’ll want to make your cinnamon glaze. To do this, first melt your coconut oil and butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Then, in a separate bowl, mix together your sweetener and cinnamon.
- After your pretzels have come out of the oven and have cooled for a couple of minutes, brush them with the coconut and butter and dip coat them in cinnamon and sweetener.
- Finally, the end result.. a delicious cinnamon sugar pretzel.. Keto style!
Best Sweetener for Keto Pretzels
For this recipe we use a combination of cinnamon and keto-friendly granulated sweetener! Lakanto’s Monkfruit Sweetener is what we always use! It is top-quality, great tasting, and aftertaste-free. This sweetener does not affect your glycemic levels!
We use Lakanto’s Monkfruit for all of our sweet treats and that’s because it’s the best!
Whether you just need to restock or if you want to try Monkfruit for the first time, you can order yours HERE and use our coupon code, ‘BUTTERTOGETHER‘ to receive 20% off your entire order! That includes Monkfruit and everything else on their site!
Must-Have Low Carb Essentials
- Almond Flour – Our favorite almond flour is finely sifted! Almond flour is used for so many low carb dishes and desserts
- Coconut Flour – Coconut flour is a great low carb option for many dessert recipes.
- Coconut Oil – Great for making fat bombs!
Nutrition (per pretzel) 5 pretzels
Calories: 170.6 | Fat: 14.4g | Carbs: 4.35g | Fiber: 1.8g | Protein: 8g | Net Carbs: 2.6g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you! You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page. Enjoy!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Keto Cinnamon Pretzels - Fat Head DoughPrint
|1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|2 tbsp cream cheese|
|3/4 cup almond flour|
|1/4 cup coconut flour|
|1 egg, beaten|
|3 tbs coconut oil, melted|
|1 tsp butter, melted|
|1/2 cup Lakanto monk fruit, or sweetener of choice|
|2 tbs ground cinnamon|
Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a glass or microwave safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 minute. Half way through stir the mixture.
Add in almond flour, coconut flour, and beaten egg, stir.
Divide your dough into 5 sections and form each one into a pretzel shape and place on baking sheet. If you find your dough too sticky, wet your hands.
Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned
In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil and butter in microwave (About 15 seconds).
In a separate small dish, whisk together the sweetener and cinnamon.
Brush the pretzels with the coconut oil and butter mixture, then immediately toss into the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
- Best served warm
- I stored the remainder in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.