This Keto Coffee Cake is perfectly soft with a delicious cinnamon crumb topping and middle layer! Make this cake if you are looking for the best breakfast treat to go along with your morning coffee.
Easy and Delicious Keto Coffee Cake
This Keto Coffee Cake is super soft, buttery, moist, flavorful, and cinnamon-y! It is the perfect breakfast treat to go with your coffee. Unlike most other coffee cake recipes, we have not only included a delicious cinnamon crumble on top of this cake, but also in the middle! TWO LAYERS of yummy cinnamon is as delicious as it sounds. You could even add some almonds or pecans to the recipe if you are feeling nutty!
Another thing that makes this recipe great is that we added in some sour cream which makes this cake very soft and moist. Instead of being dry and crumbly, it is super moist! If you prefer a more dense cake though, feel free to only use 1/2 cup of sour cream instead of an entire cup.
We love cinnamon! Some of our other favorite recipes using cinnamon are our Keto Cinnamon Pretzels and our Thick and Soft Keto Snickerdoodle Cookies. If you are a cinnamon lover like me, you will love these recipes as well.
You can store your leftovers in the fridge for up to a week. I like to microwave a piece each morning and eat it while I drink my morning coffee.
Coffee In Coffee Cake?
Despite the name, there is no coffee in this cake. Instead, coffee cake got its name because, you guessed it, it is enjoyed best with a cup of coffee in the morning. I think it’s called “coffee cake” because “breakfast cake” doesn’t round too grown up. Trust me though, this cake is good at any time of day!
Cooking With Mom Series: Coffee Cake
My mom loves coffee more than anyone I know, so it only makes sense that she has come up with this awesome recipe. If you love coffee as much as her, you will love this coffee cake!
The last recipe my mom made for the blog was her super yummy Easy Chocolate Keto Fudge. If you haven’t made it yet, you are missing out! We are all trying to live healthier lives, so I love when she comes over to cook with me. I am always excited when she is excited to share a new recipe with me! Some of her most popular recipes have been her Best Keto Buns and her Low Carb Apple Crisp.
If you try this Keto Coffee Cake and love it, please let us know in the comments! We always love to hear your feedback, and so does my mom. I always read comments on her recipes to her and it makes her day!
How To Make Keto Coffee Cake: Cake
- In a mixing bowl, cream together sweetener and butter.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in sour cream
- Blend in almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and nutmeg.
How To Make Keto Coffee Cake: Crumble
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter and blend.
- Spread half of cake batter mixture unto prepared pan.
- Add half of the crumble mixture on top of one layer of cake batter.
- Cover with second layer of cake batter.
- Top with second half of crumble mixture.
Keto Coffee Cake Sweetened With Monk Fruit
This keto coffee cake, and all of our keto desserts, are sweetened with Lakanto Monkfruit, which is our absolute favorite sweetener. It is zero glycemic, natural, and carb free, which makes it the perfect sweetener! Not only is it good for you, but it also tastes great! There is no nasty aftertaste, and of all the keto sweeteners, it truly tastes the best.
If you have never tried Monkfruit, or if you just need to restock, you can purchase some through Lakanto’s website. If you use our code, “BUTTERTOGETHER” at checkout, you will save 20% off of your entire purchase! This coupon applies to all products on their site as well, and not just Monkfruit, view them HERE.
Nutrition (per slice) About 10 Slices
Calories: 472 | Fat: 45.6g | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 5.4g | Protein: 11g | Net Carbs: 2.6g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
Keto Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit, or choice of sweetener
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x9 square dish or 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cake: In a mixing bow, cream together the sweetener and butter. Then, blend in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in sour cream. Then, blend in dry ingredients, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and nutmeg.
- Crumble: In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix together. Blend in one stick of melted butter.
- Add half of the cake batter mixture onto prepared baking pan, then spread half of crumble mixture on top. Add last half of cake batter mixture to cover the middle layer crumble. Then, top with remainder half of crumble mixture.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes, or until crumbs are lightly browned and until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
- To cut some carbs, make only half of the crumble topping and just add it as a crumble topping to your cake.
Almond Flour Blanched (2lb)
Anthony Xanthan Gum (1lb)
Simply Organic Nutmeg Ground
Simply Organic Cinnamon
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Slices Serving Size: 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473 Total Fat: 45.6g Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 2.6g Fiber: 5.4g Protein: 11g
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.