These Keto Pepperoni Pizza Pretzels are perfect for when you want a savory, buttery, flavorful snack! Slightly chewy and filled with cheesy goodness, these pretzels will definitely be your new favorite snack.
Join the best new keto recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
Keto Pepperoni Pizza Pretzels
Keto pretzels are are a lifesaver when you’re craving something hearty and bready! That’s why our cinnamon keto pretzels have been so popular for so long!
Just like our cinnamon keto pretzels, these keto pepperoni pizza pretzels remind us so much of the Auntie Annies pretzels that you can find at almost any mall in America!
These pretzels are so soft, chewy, cheesy, and a little zesty because of the pepperoni, all without being full of carbs like a traditional pretzel. In other words, they are the perfect snack for a keto diet!
To maximize the already-great-flavor of cheese, pepperoni, and pretzel, we added some great seasoning to these keto pepperoni pizza pretzels that really takes them to the next level. The soft, buttery, chewy pretzel mixed with the savory goodness of cheese, topped with some delicious seasoning and zesty pepperoni makes for just about the best snack you could imagine!
Not only will you really enjoy eating these incredible pepperoni pizza pretzels, but you will also enjoy baking them. These pretzels will fill your home with the delicious smell of freshly baked bread, which is honestly better than any candle you could ever buy.
Are Pretzels Keto Friendly?
These pretzels are, baby!
Of course, traditional pretzels aren’t keto friendly. They’re loaded with carbs and sometimes even added sugars making them a no-go if you’re trying to stay within the bounds of your daily macros.
But fear not! These keto pretzels taste just as good as the real deal, just without any of the sugars or carbs so you can indulge without any of the negatives of traditional pretzels.
These keto pepperoni pretzels are “keto” because they’re made with something called Fat Head dough, which tastes as good as it sounds. Better, probably.
Fat Head dough is just a type of dough that is made with cheese and almond or coconut flour. It’s pretty simple to make and works much better than you might think. The cheese mixed with the almond or coconut flour will combine to make a very, very traditional dough-like mixture that you can then form into whatever shape you might like. In this case, pretzels.
If you’ve tried either of these great pretzel recipes, you know just how good Fat Head dough can be!
How To Make Keto Pepperoni Pizza Pretzels
(scroll down to view printable recipe card with full ingredients & instructions)
Place the cream cheese and 1 ½ cups of the mozzarella cheese into a microwave safe bowl.
Place the cheese into a mixing bowl, and blend in the egg, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt to taste until a well formed dough has been created.
Separate the dough into 4 equal portions. Wet your hands slightly, and roll each portion of dough into a log shape about 8 inches long on a piece of parchment paper.
Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the log of dough, and roll it out into a flat rectangle about ⅛ to ¼ of an inch thick.
Put a small layer of mozzarella cheese down one end of the rectangle of dough.
Gently roll the dough over the cheese, and pinch the seams closed at the end.
Grab the end of each filled log of dough, and form it into a “U” shape. Twist the dough twice at the top, and fold back down to form a pretzel shape.
Top each pretzel with four pieces of the pepperoni slices each and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
These keto pepperoni pretzels are super easy to store. They can be frozen or stored in the fridge and then reheated. They keep really well so they are a meal-preppers dream!
Just reheat at 350 degrees until heated through!
Keto Friendly Dipping Sauce
What’s a good pizza pretzel without dipping sauce?? While you really can’t go wrong, here are some of our recommendations for dipping sauces:
- Marinara – we really love Rao’s Marinara sauce! It’s very low in carbs, is high quality, and tastes great! It is the best keto friendly marinara by far.
- Garlic Butter – Chef Shamy Garlic Butter would be another great option to dip these keto pepperoni pretzels in!
More Low Carb Gluten Free Recipes You’ll Love:
While most of our recipes are gluten free and always low carb, here are some of our favorites that we think you’ll love!
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
- Place the cream cheese and 1 ½ cups of the mozzarella cheese into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat the bowl at 30 second intervals in the microwave until the cheeses are combined and completely melted.
- Place the cheese into a mixing bowl, and blend in the egg, almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt to taste until a well formed dough has been created.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Wet your hands slightly, and roll each portion of dough into a log shape about 8 inches long on a piece of parchment paper.
- Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the log of dough, and roll it out into a flat rectangle about ⅛ to ¼ of an inch thick.
- Put a small layer of mozzarella cheese down one end of the rectangle of dough.
- Gently roll the dough over the cheese, and pinch the seams closed at the end.
- Grab the end of each filled log of dough, and form it into a “U” shape. Twist the dough twice at the top, and fold back down to form a pretzel shape.
- Repeat the process until you have made 4 pretzels.
- Top each pretzel with four pieces of the pepperoni slices each and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 34.8gCarbohydrates: 7.25gNet Carbohydrates: 4.25gFiber: 3gProtein: 23.3g
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.