White Bread Keto Chaffle | Wonder Bread Chaffle
The best keto white bread substitution is here! This White Bread Keto Chaffle tastes just like regular sandwich bread.
Join the best new keto recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
White Bread Keto Chaffle Recipe
The hardest thing about living a low carb life is living without bread, at least for me.
Bread is used for everything, and it seems to make everything better. This causes a bit of a problem if you are trying to avoid carbs, because white bread is full of carbs!
The good news is that this keto white bread chaffle tastes, feels, and is used exactly like white bread! Now you can enjoy all of your favorite bready foods like sandwiches, burgers, hotdogs, and whatever else you can think of!
This white bread chaffle is super easy to make, like all of our chaffles. Just a few common ingredients and a mini waffle maker are all you will need to make this delicious white bread chaffle.
What Are Chaffles?
Chaffles are incredibly popular in the keto community these days, and for good reason. They are amazingly simple to make, taste awesome, and can be used for just about anything.
Both kinds of chaffles are made in the same basic ways, but the ingredients and uses will be a bit different.
The traditional chaffle is made with cheese and egg. This is how the name “chaffle” came about. It is essentially a cheese waffle. Traditional chaffles are mostly used as sandwich bread, but they have other uses as well. For instance, we used one as a pizza crust and it worked out perfectly or keto taco chaffles!
This white bread chaffle is very similar to a traditional chaffle, but it is a bit more like regular bread than a chaffle. It also is not as cheesy or crunchy as a traditional chaffle.
Dessert chaffles are amazing! They are super adaptable and can be used in a million different ways. We have done some pretty cool stuff with dessert chaffles like make a Keto Peanut Butter Cup Chaffle, Oreo Chaffle, and even a Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle! All of these dessert chaffles turned out tasting delicious! We have even more dessert chaffles on the site so be sure to look for those.
Dessert Chaffles often don’t require cheese, and they are often softer than traditional chaffles.
What Can I Use To Make A Keto Chaffle?
In order to make any type of chaffle, you will need some sort of waffle maker. Chaffles are typically about 4 inches across, making them perfect bun replacements or single serve desserts.
Since chaffles are normally small, we highly recommend using a mini waffle maker. Specifically, we recommend the Dash mini waffle maker. It is super easy to use, a breeze to clean, and makes the perfect sized chaffle every time.
This mini waffle maker can be purchased at pretty much any retailer than sells small appliances, but we recommend ordering from Amazon. Since chaffles have become so popular, a lot of retailers have sold out of mini waffle makers. Amazon seems to always be in stock though.
If you really love chaffles, or if you have a large family that loves chaffles, you may want to consider a waffle maker that makes multiple mini waffles at once. We recommend the Burgess Brothers ChurWaffle Maker for families or chaffle enthusiasts.
This waffle maker will make four chaffles at a time, making it so much easier to cook for a family. The last thing you want to do is try to cook for a hungry family making one chaffle at a time. Everyone wants their chaffle to be cooked first and the family can’t eat together if you can only make one chaffle at once.
Whatever mini waffle maker you choose, making chaffles will be a breeze!
Even though the Dash mini waffle maker is really easy to clean, these silicon brushes make clean up even easier! These brushes help you to clean all of the nooks and crevices of a mini waffle maker with no problems!
How To Make The White Bread Keto Chaffle
This white bread chaffle is so easy to make. All you need are a few simple ingredients ( which are all listed in the recipe card below) and you’ll be on your way to the best chaffle you’ve ever had!
- Start by mixing together all of your ingredients in a small bowl.
- Simply pour your mixture onto the mini waffle maker one half at a time and let it cook for about 4 minutes.
White Bread Keto Chaffle Texture
The texture of this white bread keto chaffle is so similar to regular bread that its crazy! If you’ve been living a keto lifestyle for a long time, you may have forgotten exactly how white bread tastes. I won’t tempt you with a detailed description, but basically it tastes like the best thing ever.
This white bread chaffle tastes JUST LIKE WHITE BREAD! It is soft, sort of chewy but not chewy at the same time (I know that doesn’t make sense ha!) and is super light and fluffy.
This white bread chaffle really does have the texture and taste of traditional white bread! The only things missing are the carbs and added sugars!
Take your sandwich and burger game to the next level with this keto white bread chaffle!
Best Tips For Keto Chaffles
- Crispy Chaffles: If you prefer crispier chaffles, allow your chaffle to rest for a minute or two after cooking. When this chaffle comes off the waffle maker, it will be very soft and flimsy, but if you give it some time it will become crispier.
- Less Eggy: If you are someone who thinks that chaffles are too eggy (I know there are many of you out there), try using two egg whites instead of one whole egg. The yolks is always the eggiest part, so the whites by themselves shouldn’t give you any problems.
- Using Different Flours: We prefer almond flour for this white bread chaffle, but if you don’t like almond flour or just prefer not to use, it coconut flour will work too. Coconut flour can sometimes become soggy compared to almond flour, but it will still give you the same great taste. Just remember that for every one part almond flour you use, you should use about 1/3 coconut flour.
- Freezing & Reheating: Chaffles can be frozen and reheated really easily. If you are planning on freezing many white bread chaffles at once, you should consider freezing the chaffles separately on a baking sheet before tossing them into a freezer bag. If you skip this step, your chaffles will probably freeze together and be difficult to reheat. Speaking of reheating, tp reheat these chaffles all you have to do is pop them in the toaster for a couple of minutes.
- Be Creative: Most of our recipes (and especially our chaffle recipes) and extremely adaptable, and this one is no expiation. Use these white bread chaffles to make whatever you would like. Add your favorite spices to the batter. Use them for French toast. Why not try them with this Keto Pimento Cheese?!?! Be creative!
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
More Keto Chaffle Recipes You Might Like:
White Bread Keto Chaffle | Wonder Bread ChafflePrint
|3 tbsp Almond Flour|
|1 tbsp Mayonnaise|
|1/4 tsp Baking Powder|
|1 tsp Water|