The ultimate breakfast sandwich is this incredibly delicious Keto McGriddle Sandwich! Americas favorite breakfast sandwich made healthy with this low carb twist!
Keto McGriddle Sandwich
I think I was eight years old when the McGriddle came out and my little kid brain couldn’t handle how good it was! It instantly became my favorite breakfast sandwich and it has been ever since. I remember trying it for the first time and being in shock at how crazy good it was.
I have missed this yummy sandwich since starting keto, but that ends today! This delicious version of the McGriddle is so good that you definitely won’t miss the original. Everyone knows that the best part of the McGriddle is the maple syrup that is somehow magically in the pancake.
This version has the same magic, just in a different way. We added some of ChocZero’s maple syrup and some maple extract to the pancake batter and it gave this sandwich that same delicious flavor!
How To Make Keto McGriddle Sandwich:
- Beat together 3 eggs and cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, maple extract, ChocZero Maple Syrup (optional), and vanilla extract.
- Cook 4 sausage patties on the stove top over medium heatPlace a small amount of the pancake mix in a heated skillet, and cook for 2 minutes or so on each side until done. The pancakes should be handheld size, not large.
- Mix together 3 eggs in a bowl.Place a metal circle cookie cutter or a metal jar lid into a greased skillet, and pour a little of the egg mixture into it. Be sure to grease the inside of the cookie cutter or lid so the egg does not stick to it.Once the egg on the bottom has cooked, remove the mould, and flip the egg to cook the other side.
Putting This Keto Breakfast Sandwich Together
Pretty standard delicious assembly here! The pancake mixture is enough to make 8 small pancakes. enough to create 4 keto breakfast sandwiches.
Ultimate Keto Breakfast Sandwich
The best part of making this sandwich yourself is that you get to customize it to your liking! You can stick with the original and make this McGriddle with sausage, or you can make it with bacon! Either way, it is still just as delicious. Or, since this is the keto version after all, why not make this with bacon AND sausage?
Recommended Ingredients & Tools for making these Keto McGriddle Sandwiches (sugar free, grain free)
- Nonstick Cooking Rings – Perfect for keeping your eggs in shape
- Maple Extract – This is definitely needed for those pancakes to get that McGriddle taste!
- ChocZero Maple Syrup – We LOVE this keto-friendly maple syrup! It’s literally only ONE net carb per serving of the syrup, so it’s perfect! Believe it or not, they also sell keto-friendly chocolate which is phenomenal! Our readers get 10% off their entire purchase using code “buttertogetherkitchen”.?
Nutrition (per McGriddle) Makes 4 Keto McGriddles
Calories: 532.5 | Fat: 44.8g | Carbs: 5.5g | Fiber: 2.75g | Protein: 28.75g | Net Carbs: 2.75g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page. Enjoy!
- Cook 4 sausage patties on the stove top over medium heat while you are preparing the pancake batter.
- Beat together 3 eggs and the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, maple extract, ChocZero maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Beat on high until creamy and well combined.
- Let the batter sit while you finish cooking the sausage patties. Remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside.
- Place a small amount of the pancake mix in a heated skillet, and cook for 2 minutes or so on each side until done. The pancakes should be handheld size, not large. Remember that these are creating the “bread” for our breakfast sandwiches, so you only want them to be a little larger than your sausage patties. This mixture should make 8 small pancakes, enough to create 4 sandwiches.
- Once the pancakes are cooked, mix together the remaining 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Place a metal circle cookie cutter or a metal jar lid into a greased skillet, and pour a little of the egg mixture into it. Be sure to grease the inside of the cookie cutter or lid so the egg does not stick to it. Once the egg on the bottom has cooked, remove the mould, and flip the egg to cook the other side. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a pancake on the bottom, followed by one egg portion, a sausage patty and a slice of cheese on top. You can use the cookie cutter or jar lid to cut your cheese into circles, but it is optional. Place a second pancake on the top of your sandwich to complete it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Breakfast Sandwiches Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532.5 Total Fat: 44.8g Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 5.5 2.75g Fiber: 2.75g Protein: 28.75g