Parmesan crusted chicken is good, but parmesan crusted chicken wrapped in bacon is even better! This is the ultimate chicken recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Its true. Anything wrapped in bacon automatically becomes at least 200x better. All it takes is four simple ingredients to make this delicious bacon wrapped parmesan crusted chicken.
There really isn’t much that needs to be said here. This is chicken wrapped in bacon. I don’t have to try and convince you that bacon is delicious. I don’t have to tell you how yummy bacon is, or how awesome chicken is.
Instead of going on and on about how good bacon is, all I’m going to do here is invite you imagine your favorite food… with bacon on it. Yup…
There is shortage of “bacon wrapped” recipes. People are wrapping EVERYTHING in bacon! And while it is delicious, there is so much more to this recipe than just bacon. This chicken is coated in parmesan cheese, which adds a whole other level of deliciousness! The parmesan acts as a great breading with a flavor that is way better than almond flour or coconut flour. It will crisp pretty nicely, and when cooked, it will turn a beautiful golden brown. I don’t know why I don’t cover everything in parmesan cheese.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Parmesan Crusted Chicken
If you’ve ever made breaded chicken (like our Spicy Popcorn Chicken Bites or our Chicken and Waffles), then you probably already know how to make this dish, at least for the most part. Before getting into the steps, it’s worth mentioning that we used precut chicken tenders. However, it is just as easy to make this dish if you have whole chicken breasts. Just cut your chicken breast into strips and you are good to go!
Having said that, in photo one, we prepped by scrambling our eggs and mixing our parmesan, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Then, in photo two, we began by coating our first strip in our egg wash, and then we rolled it around in our parmesan cheese, seen in photo three. After we gave our chicken a nice parmesan coating, we then wrapped each piece strip in bacon, seen in photo four. We found that it is much easier to keep the chicken and bacon together if we make sure that each end of the bacon is on the same side of the chicken. Then, after we coated and wrapped each strip, we fried them for about 4 minutes on all four sides, as seen in photos five and six. It is important to cook each and every side of your chicken because you don’t want to end up with raw bacon on the sides.
These turned out so crispy and juicy. I think that the bacon grease made these super juicy, while the bacon and parmesan offered a nice crunch. I dipped these in ranch and it was ridiculously good. I’m normally a honey mustard guy, but I wasn’t sure about honey mustard and bacon so I went with a sure thing, ranch. Kasey, on the other hand, went with a sugar free BBQ sauce and she loved it! These should go great with whatever your favorite dipping sauce is, or, with no dipping sauce at all! They have plenty of flavor on their own!
Nutrition (per tender) 6 tenders
Calories: 239 | Fat: 14.2g | Carbs: 0.83g | Protein: 52.7g | Net Carbs: 0.83g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Chicken breast cut into strips
- Bacon (one slice for each strip of chicken)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Cut chicken breast into strips and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, scramble eggs to create egg wash.
- In another medium bowl, mix together parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Coat large skillet with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Individually place each chicken strip into the egg wash, then into the parmesan cheese mixture. Coat each strip well.
- Then, once the chicken is coated with parmesan, wrap it with one slice of bacon.*
- Place bacon wrapped chicken on hot skillet. Repeat until all strips are coated, wrapped in bacon, and in the pan.
- Cook all four sides (front, back, and each side) of chicken for at least four minutes. Be careful to make sure that bacon is cooked thoroughly.
* It is best to wrap at a diagonal, and to make sure that each end of the strip of bacon is on the same side of the chicken. This will help keep the chicken and bacon together while they cook. See photo four above for reference.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Servings Serving Size: 16oz Makes 6 tenders
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239 Total Fat: 14.2g Carbohydrates: 0.83g Protein: 52.7g
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.