Serve them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! There’s never a bad time to treat yourself to some low carb chicken and waffles!
Low Carb Chicken and Waffles
Chicken and waffles is a relatively new combination, but it is one that has caught on like wildfire! Even though it may sound like a strange combination, chicken and waffles really do go together!
Fried Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders are a classic. They’re delicious, easy to make, and are always a favorite. They’re a great entree for lunch or dinner, and now you can even serve them for breakfast! Best of all, you can now enjoy them without feeling guilty! These chicken tenders are juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside, and are oh-so-tender. These chicken tenders have all of the flavor with a fraction of the carbs! You can also try make flourless fried chicken with Better Than Bread Keto’s Keto Flourless Fried Chicken!
It was more difficult than we would have expected to create a low carb waffle. The trick thing was getting that classic waffle consistency. But good news! We have managed to create a low carb waffle that has the same consistency as a traditional waffle without all the carbs! For our waffles, we used a blend of both almond flour and coconut flour. This kept them from turning out too grainy or too spongy. Then, we found the perfect combination of wet ingredients! These waffles aren’t rubbery, nor are they sandy. Goldy Locks would be proud because these are juuuuuust right.
Recently, we have discovered ChocZero’s Honest Syrups which are absolutely amazing! In fact, these syrups are what inspired this recipe. We purchased these syrups and loved them, but we didn’t really have much to put them on. Then it hit us: chicken and waffles! These syrups are the perfect compliment to this recipe!
Nutrition (per tender) | Serving Size: 6 Tenders (about 1 pound of chicken)
Calories: 250 | Fat: 20.7g | Carbs: 3.3g | Fiber: 2g | Protein: 13.1g | Net Carbs: 1.3g
Nutrition (per waffle) | Serving Size: 2 Large Waffles
Calories: 465 | Fat: 36g | Carbs: 10g | Fiber: 12g | Protein: 19.5g | Net Carbs: 4g
Delicious Keto-Friendly Waddle Add-Ons
- Chocolate Syrup – Maple, Chocolate, and Carmel syrups! So tasty and good!
- Chocolate Chips – Add some chips on top!
- Whipped Topping – Sugar free and zero carbs
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- 1 lb chicken breast or tenderloins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 tbs onion powder
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1/2 tbs pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs monk fruit
- Pour olive oil into large skillet and place over medium heat.
- To create coating, crack eggs into a bowl and pour in melted butter.
- To create breading, in another bowl, combine almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into strips proximately 2 inches wide (if they are too thick, the breading will burn before the chicken is cooked thoroughly).
- Dip chicken strips in egg and butter mixture to coat, then add it to the almond flour mixture and cover so that it is completely covered.
- Place the chicken strip into the hot oil and fry for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Repeat until all chicken has been fried.
- Heat waffle maker to approximately 350 degrees (or equivalent to "medium" setting).
- In a large bowl, stir together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and monk fruit.*
- Add eggs, heavy cream, and vanilla into the bowl and mix well.
- Once your batter is mixed, pour it into your waffle maker and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- If your waffle batter is too thick, add 1 tbs of water to thin it out.
- Chocolate chips are a great add in. If you are going to add them to your batter, add them in with the dry ingredients. We suggest Lily's Chocolate chips.
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.