Keto Pecan Cheesecake
I love pecan pie and I also love cheesecake. If you stumbled upon this post, it means we’re sailing in the same boat—yay! I’ll happily make some room for you. Individually, they are already mind-blowing, but hey, why not bring them together for something even better?
Drumroll, please! Allow me to present this amazing keto pecan cheesecake recipe. Brace yourself for a dessert that’ll make you fall in love with pecan pie and cheesecake all over again, and then some! The flavors come together in the most magical way. The delightful crunch of the pecan pie effortlessly complements the velvety smoothness of the delectable cheesecake.
And here’s a bonus: with this combo, you can ditch the second pie dish, making cleanup a breeze. Plus, you’ll have extra space on your dessert plate at the next family get-together. Talk about maximizing that plate-real-estate like a pro!
No matter how you slice it, this pecan pie cheesecake is a total game changer and a surefire crowd-pleaser! So, without further ado, let’s dive straight into the good stuff– the recipe. Trust me, you’re in for a treat!
1 hour, 30 minutes
For the cheesecake:
|16oz Cream Cheese, softened|
|3 tbsp Butter, softened|
|2 Large Eggs|
|1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt|
|2 tsp Vanilla Extract|
|2/3 cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener|
For the topping:
|6 tbsp Butter|
|1/2 cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener|
|3 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream|
|1 tsp Vanilla Extract|
|2 cup pecans, chopped|
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Bake for 60 minutes.
Let cool for 30 minutes, and then chill for 4 hours.
Here is a list of the tools you will need to make this keto pecan pie cheesecake.
- Mixing bowl. A mixing bowl is used for creating the cream cheese filling.
- Wooden spoon. A wooden spoon will help you thoroughly mix the ingredients. If you prefer an easier prep time or to speed up the prep process, you could use an electric mixer instead.
- Springform pan. No parchment paper or baking trays will be needed for this pecan cheesecake recipe. A springform pan will be great for holding the cream cheese mixture and helping it solidify into the desired cheesecake shape.
- Saucepan. A saucepan is necessary to create the pecan crust for the top of the keto pecan pie cheesecake.
- Refrigerator. Using a refrigerator is essential to chill the cheesecake.
- To best prepare keto recipes, it is good to know what substitutes you can use to ensure the cheesecake is still keto
- First, if you want to substitute Greek yogurt or heavy cream, you could use sour cream. Sour cream can be less dense, so expect the pecan pie filling to be slightly runnier. For more thickness, add cream cheese to the mix until you achieve your desired consistency.
- You can use unsalted butter as opposed to regular butter but expect the cheesecake filling to taste less flavorsome.
- Lastly, consider using a food processor to blitz the pecans to create easily chopped pecans. It will make your life much easier.
- To ensure the keto pecan pie cheesecake lasts as long as possible, you must store it correctly.
- The best way to store the cheesecake and maintain the crispy pecan crust is to wrap it in plastic wrap or use an airtight container. This will keep the pecan pie cheesecake fresh.
- It is possible to store the cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to three days to preserve its freshness. It is best to avoid leaving it out of the refrigerator for more than six hours to prevent it from changing texture.
- You can store the keto pecan pie cheesecake in the freezer if you wish to. This will allow the pecan pie cheesecake to last up to three months.
Smelling and tasting this keto pecan pie cheesecake for the first time might make you want to gobble it all up in one. We don't blame you. However, after all the time and effort you have put into it, it is best to eat the keto dessert slowly by cutting it into slices.
- Your keto pecan pie cheesecake will stay fresher if you leave it whole and cut slices when you want them.
- A pecan pie cheesecake would go nicely with a scoop of cold keto-friendly ice cream or a serving of full-fat cream to enhance its richness.
- The pecan pie cheesecake would pair well with a warm cup of coffee, a hot tea, or a cool glass of wine.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you wish to add a regular crust to this cheesecake recipe, you could use almond flour, sweetener, salt, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Using almond flour will ensure the cheesecake remains gluten-free and is one of those healthy recipes that suit the keto diet. Or, you could use coconut flour.
You could add different nuts, or extra nuts, to the pecan pie filling. Brazil and macadamia nuts are great for the keto diet and will add amazing flavor to the pecan crust.
Yes, this keto pecan pie cheesecake recipe is gluten-free and suitable for the keto diet. Adding a side of cream or ice cream will still mean it’s gluten-free, making it even more irresistible for those that follow the ketogenic lifestyle and enjoy cheesecake recipes.
If you wish to achieve a finer pecan crust, you can use ground pecans instead. Or, you can use ground pecans throughout the cheesecake filling to achieve a more intense pecan flavor.
Here is a list of the key ingredients you will need to create this delicious pecan pie cheesecake and why you need them.
–Cream Cheese, softened : Full-fat cream cheese is low-carb and the perfect ingredient for a dense cream cheese mixture.
–3 tbsp Butter, softened: Softened butter will help thicken the cream cheese, making it ideal for the cheesecake’s cream cheese filling.
–2 Large Eggs: Eggs are ideal for extra protein and to help hold the keto cheesecake together.
–Plain Greek Yogurt: Adding Greek yogurt is great for adding moisture to the cheesecake filling and it adds more protein.
–Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract is ideal to sweeten the keto cheesecake.
–Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener.: The Lakanto powdered sweetener is a great sugar substitute, keeping the sugar and carb count low due to having zero net carbs.
–Butter: More butter is used for the pecan topping.
–Heavy Whipping Cream: will hold the pecan pie layer together.
–Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract will further sweeten the pecan topping without adding net carbs.
There you have it, folks! Our keto pecan cheesecake recipe is a must-try. It brings together the best of both worlds: the irresistible charm of pecan pie and the creamy allure of cheesecake. It’s a match made in dessert heaven!
Remember, indulgence doesn’t have to be guilt-ridden on a keto journey, and this pecan pie cheesecake proves just that! Treat yourself and your loved ones to this sensational dessert, and let the praises and “oohs” and “aahs” roll in.
Here at buttertogether, we are no stranger to the pecan-flavored keto dessert. If you try this recipe and love it, check out our Keto Candied Pecans or our Sugar Free Pecan Pralines. And if you’re in the mood for a snack, you can try our yummy Pecan Bars too!
All in all, share your thoughts by rating and leaving a comment to let us know what you think. We love to hear from you.
Happy baking and pecan feasting!