Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza will be your new favorite kind of pizza! Juicy chicken and melty mozzarella cheese on a crispy crust with the sweet tang of keto friendly BBQ sauce makes for one delicious pizza!
Join the best new keto recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ chicken pizza has always been one of my favorite varieties of pizza. For some reason, there is just something so delicious about BBQ chicken and cheese.
If you’re like me and you LOVE BBQ chicken pizza, you’re in luck because this keto version tastes just as amazing as the traditional version. Actually, I think that this BBQ chicken pizza is better than the traditional version! Definitely better for you, too.
One of the great things about this recipe, and all of our recipes, is that this pizza is 100% customizable. For example, I really like the combo of bacon and chicken on pizza, so I might add bacon bits to my pie. Or maybe you aren’t crazy about red onions. If not, simply exclude them and your pizza will still taste amazing!
This keto BBQ chicken pizza is incredibly adaptable and always turns out delicious.
What Is Fat Head Dough?
For this keto pizza, we used fat head dough for the crust. You have probably heard of fat head dough by now, and chances are, you have made it already. Fat head dough is a super popular keto dough replacement that is low in carbs and acts and tastes similar to traditional dough.
Fat head dough is made from mozzarella cheese, almond flour, and egg, making it 100% keto, and it is super easy to make. We have used it for a number of recipes, including our Keto Cinnamon Pretzels, Low Carb Keto Italian Garlic Breadsticks, and of course our Tasty Keto Pizza With Homemade Sauce, just to name a few. If you haven’t tried fat head dough yet, you are in for a treat!
How To Make Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza
(scroll to the bottom of the post for printable list of ingredients and instructions)
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat at 30 second intervals until the mixture is completely melted. Add in almond flour, garlic powder, baking powder, and Italian seasoning. Finally, add in the egg and knead with your hands until completely mixed.
- Place the dough in the freezer to set for 15 minutes. On parchment paper, press the dough into pizza shape and desired thickness. It may be necessary to wet your hands to keep the dough from sticking to them.
- Bake dough for approximately 10-15 minutes or until desired crispness. Spread sauce on cooked crust and top with desired amount of cheese.
- Shred cooked chicken and mix in BBQ sauce to give your chicken a light coating of sauce.
- Add chicken, red onions, and other desired toppings and bake until cheese is completely melted and bubbly, approximately 10-20 minutes depending on desired crispiness, amount of cheese, and thickness of crust.
Keto Friendly BBQ Sauce
Unfortunately, most BBQ sauces are made with brown sugar, honey, or sometimes both, making them terrible options for a keto diet. If you are a BBQ lover like me, this is terrible news!
However, there are definitely some awesome keto friendly options out there, our favorite being G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ Sauce. G Hughes is certified gluten free, preservative free, and always sugar free. G Hughes comes in a number of varieties, including Original, Honey BBQ, and Maple Brown, and Hickory. Honestly, I can’t say that I have a favorite because they are all amazing! They all taste exactly like a traditional BBQ sauce that you would find at any of the best smokehouses!
G Hughes sugar Free BBQ sauce is awesome for this Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza because it adds a tangy flavor and a bit of sweetness to an otherwise savory pizza. While there are a number of keto friendly BBQ sauces out there, we recommend G Hughes over the rest!
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
Some Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup + 2tbsp BBQ Sauce, sugar free
- 1 cup Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1/8 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Parsley for garnish, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese and 2 oz. cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the cheese at 30 second intervals until it is melted and mixed completely.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, garlic powder, baking powder and Italian seasoning.
- Add the cheese mixture to the dry ingredients, and knead with your hands until completely incorporated.
- Blend the egg into the cheese and almond flour mixture until smooth.
- Place the dough into the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Press the dough into a rustic pizza shape to your desired thickness on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can wet your hands slightly with water to keep the dough from sticking to them as much.
- Place the dough into the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your dough. You want it to be a very light golden brown in this pre-bake stage.
- Remove the dough from the oven and top with ¼ cup of BBQ sauce.
- Layer ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup cheddar cheese on the pizza crust over the BBQ sauce layer.
- Mix together the shredded chicken and another 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce in a bowl, and then place the chicken on the pizza.
- Top the pizza with the sliced red onions.
- Bake the pizza for another 10-20 minutes until the cheese has melted, and the crust is cooked to your liking.
- Top with chopped parsley for garnish if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244.33Total Fat: 16.9gCarbohydrates: 6.5gNet Carbohydrates: 4.62gFiber: 1.38gProtein: 10.8g