This Keto Sweet Tea is perfectly refreshing, making it perfect for a hot summers day! You can still enjoy sweet tea on a Keto Diet using this simple recipe!
Keto Sweet Tea
Sweet tea is an awesome alternative to water that actually has some health benefits. The problem is, unsweet tea tastes like dirty water, and sweet tea is basically sugar-water. Fortunately, we have come up with a very simple way to enjoy this beloved drink. 😍 Go ahead and enjoy a big glass of this ZERO carb and ZERO sugar sweet tea!
How To Make Keto Sweet Tea
Making this sweet tea is as simple as following the directions on whatever tea you purchase. There are a few ways that you can go about making sweet tea, though. We prefer to use the no-boil tea bags that you steep in cold or room temperature water, and then add the sweetener at the end. But, if you’re looking for the more traditional way of making sweet tea, you can boil the water and add in your desired sweetener.
Sweeteners like monkfruit and stevia desolve well in both boiling and room temperature water, so how you choose to brew your tea is totally dependent on what you prefer!
Best Keto-Friendly Sweetener
We use Lakanto’s Monkfruit Classic Sweetener for just about every recipe that requires sweetener, and this Keto Sweet Tea is no exception. Monkfruit is an all natural sweetener, it has a ratio of 1:1 to sugar, it doesn’t leave you with a nasty aftertaste, and it works perfectly for this recipe!
This sweet tea tastes the best with monkfruit, specifically because there is no aftertaste or cooling effect. If you want to try monkfruit for the first time, or if you are running low and need to reorder, visit Lakanto’s website HERE and use our discount code “BUTTERTOGETHER” at checkout for 20% off of your ENTIRE purchase! 💙
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page. Enjoy!
- 2-3 tea bags
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit, or choice of sweetener
- 8 cups of water
- If using no-boil bags, pour 8 cups of water into a pitcher; steep tea bags until desired strength is achieved; add sweetener and stir.
- If making traditionally, bring 8 cups of water to a boil; steep tea bags in water until desired strength is achieved; add in sweetener and stir; remove tea from heat and let cool.
- The great thing about this recipe is that it is completely customizable. If you like stronger tea, you can use a 3rd tea bag. If you like sweeter tea, you can add more sweetener. These instructions are just a basic guideline to get you started.
- We used Luzianne Tea Bags
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Cups Serving Size: 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g