Keto Cinnamon Sugar Pork Rinds
Eating a ketogenic diet means that the options are limited when it comes to crunchy snacks. Most crisps and chips are not keto-friendly, which can be tough if you like to enjoy salty snacks. However, fear not ’cause our sweet & salty pork rinds are here!
Now, I get what you’re thinking, and trust me; these are not all that weird! We’re not fans of pork rinds, but we’re obsessed with these snacks! If someone else made the, you’d never guess they’re actually pork rinds!
These pork rinds are seriously awesome! They’re covered in delicious cinnamon goodness, and the best part? Zero carbs and sugar! You might be wondering, how can something sweet be guilt-free? Well, they’re sweetened with monk fruit, a sugar alternative that won’t mess with your blood sugar levels. Trust me, they’re the perfect companion to a steaming cup of coffee or our incredible Keto Eggnog. Okay, shameless plug aside, I have to say, a snack with zero grams of carbs has never been this tempting.
|1 Bag Pork Rinds 4oz, Plain|
|5 tbsp Butter, unsalted and melted|
|1 tsp Vanilla Extract|
|1/4 cup Besti Monkfruit Sweetener|
|1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon|
|1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon|
Gather and Organize what you need.
Start by preheating the oven to 225 degrees and setting out your ingredients.
Next, grab your large mixing bowl and place the pork rinds inside.
Melt the butter to prepare it for mixing.
Then, add the vanilla extract to the melted butter.
You'll need these to make these Best Cinnamon Keto Pork Rinds you've ever tried:
- A large mixing bowl: a large mixing bowl is required for the majority of the ingredients. Select the size of bowl to fit how much you are making
- A small mixing bowl: a small mixing bowl is useful for making the cinnamon keto coating.
- Silicone mat-lined baking tray: a silicone mat-lined baking tray is used for baking. It is fine to use a parchment-lined sheet too.
- Cooling rack: once the cinnamon sugar pork rinds are cooked, they will need to be cooled on a cooling rack before consuming or storing.
Other Miscellaneous Notes
- If you do not have monk fruit sweetener, you could use another sugar alternative. There is erythritol, allulose, monk fruit, and some others I am sure I am missing. Every product is a bit unique, each having a slightly different taste. Our personal favorite for this recipe is the monk fruit and allulose blend by Wholesome Yum's because it offers a perfect balance between taste and sweetness!
- If you want, you could add salt. Just a dash would do, as it can help amplify the taste. But be careful; too much salt is not a good thing. You don't want the flavors to compete.
- You can skip the mixing bowl and use a ziplock bag to toss the keto pork rinds. Just make sure to use a bigger bag so there is enough room for the rinds to move about.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about pork rinds and using cinnamon in low-carb keto recipes.
Pork rinds are made from pork skins that have either been fried or roasted. It might sound strange to crisp up the skin of the pork. However, even without cinnamon, it is ideal for the keto lifestyle, and they are super tasty.
If you dislike the idea of salty pork skin, you will not be able to taste it once you have coated them with a sugar-free sweetener and delicious cinnamon.
Yes, it is keto-friendly. You will often see many keto cereal recipes using keto cinnamon to enhance its flavor, as opposed to using sugar.
Yes, pork rinds are great for the keto lifestyle as they contain zero carbs. A pork rind is packed with healthy fats and protein. Adding keto cinnamon to them is a great way to turn them from salty to sweet.
Yes, it is fine to consume crushed pork rinds while losing weight as they are low-carb and full of goodness. A pork rind is a great snack while trying to lose weight.
Eating too many pork rinds is the same as eating too much of any other snack, it will result in exceeding your calorie intake.
Therefore, ensure to eat a sensible amount to not eat too much salt or fat. A small bag is fine to maintain good health.
Pork rinds are one of those healthy recipes you can enjoy while losing weight or pursuing the keto lifestyle as they contain zero total carbs.
They are gluten-free wholesome yum treats, full of goodness and flavor. This is especially the case when they are made at home and not bought from grocery stores.
Pork rinds have much better nutrition than potato chips. They are very different in their total carbs content, as chips can be high in carbs while pork rinds are not.
The taste of a keto pork rind is sensational and will curb your need for something crunchy and sweet should that craving strike. It can be enjoyed just as is or with milk like a cereal. Personally i like to eat them as is , coupled with a warm cup of keto hot chocolate.
If you do not have butter or dislike the way it tastes, you might want to consider using coconut oil or lard for this keto recipe. Either would still work and help you achieve the desired crunch!
For those that want to know how to enjoy a pork rind sweetly and deliciously without the recipe being fried, look no further than this cinnamon sugar pork rind recipe. You can achieve tasty buttery and cinnamon-infused pork rinds that are great for the keto diet.
Thanks to them being low-carb and full of protein, they truly are an excellent snack to enjoy to reduce your total carb intake.
If you have tried these sweet keto pork rinds or another recipe on our blog, rate it below in the comments section.
If you would like to try some more cinamon based treats check out Keto Cinnamon Pretzels | Best Ever Keto Cinnamon Roll Chaffles | Keto Snickerdoodle Chaffle