This simple, delicious cake is the easiest sweet treat you’ll ever make! With just a couple of ingredients and a few minutes of work, you’ll have a scrumptious chocolate chip cake that is to die for!
NO FROSTING?! WHAT?
I’m about to say it: not all cake needs frosting. Want proof? Look no further! This cake is moist enough, and the chocolate chips are good enough, that no frosting is necessary!
BREAKFAST IS SERVED!
We hear the same thing from just about everyone doing keto or a low carb diet: “What am I supposed to eat for breakfast when I get tired of eggs?!” If this is you, we can help. This chocolate chip cake is the breakfast of champions. Fact check it.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
- We begin with a pretty standard cake-making step – combine all of your wet ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Prepare your dry ingredients to be mixed.
- Then, slowly add in your dry ingredients until both wet and dry ingredients are mixed well.
- Once everything is all mixed, admire your work. You are a champion!
- Transfer your cake mix into an 8×8 baking dish, smoothing out the top if necessary.
- Bake your cake and then enjoy!
Nutrition (per piece) 9 pieces of cake
Calories: 379.77 | Fat: 38.33g | Carbs: 6.66g | Fiber: 3.55g | Protein: 9g | Net Carbs: 3.11g
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page. Enjoy!
P.S I bet you’d also love our peanut butter frosted cupcakes! Gah, soo good!
This simple, delicious dessert is the easiest sweet treat you’ll ever make! With just a couple of ingredients and a few minutes of work, you’ll have a scrumptious chocolate chip cake that is to die for!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup monk fruit, or sweetener of choice
- 5 eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of Lily’s chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sweetener, eggs, salt, and vanilla extract on medium speed. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum together. Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and beat low until batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into 8-inch nonstick cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
My first attempt at making this cake didn’t end well. I tried to make this cake in a loaf pan, and after about an hour and a half of baking, I ended up with a cake that had burnt edges and a mushy middle. In other words, something that wasn’t good. I say all that to say: I strongly advise against making this in a loaf pan. 8×8 works best!
- Serving Size: 1 Cake Piece
- Calories: 379.77
- Fat: 38.33g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 3.11g
- Fiber: 3.55g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: Keto Cake
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.