Low Carb Keto Peppermint Cookies
There are certain flavors that perfectly symbolize an entire season. Think about pumpkin and fall. It seems like everything is pumpkin flavored in October and November, and I am totally ok with that!
If you’re looking for some delicious pumpkin flavor, be sure to make our Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Chaffle.
I think that peppermint is the flavor of the holidays. Maybe it’s because I’ve always loved candy canes growing up, but when I think about peppermint I think about Christmas!
If you’re like me, or if you just like peppermint, you will LOVE these keto peppermint cookies! Imagine the candy cane that you know and love combined with an amazing sugar cookie!
Just grab a few simple ingredients and head to the oven and you’ll be enjoying these keto peppermint cookies in no time at all!
Peppermint Flavor For Cookies
When making these cookies, you basically have two options when it comes to sourcing your peppermint flavor. You can go heavy on the sugar free store-bought peppermints, or you can add some keto friendly peppermint flavor.
Personally, we prefer to add some keto friendly peppermint flavor just because we don’t love the sweetener in the sugar free peppermints, but what you use is totally up to your personal preference. These keto peppermint cookies will taste amazing no matter what you decide to use.
We love Frontier’s peppermint flavor, but any keto friendly peppermint flavoring should do the trick. See the full recipe below for our recommendation on how much peppermint flavor to use.
We love peppermint and are aways looking for great ways to use it. If you’re like us and really love peppermint, make our Keto Chocolate Peppermint Shake! It is so delicious!
So, before you write us off as keto heretics, hear us out on these sugar free peppermints.
Without a doubt, too many of these peppermints can absolutely throw your body out of ketosis. And without a doubt, the ingredients in these (or any other) sugar free peppermints are not the best. Not by a long shot.
But, this recipe only calls for a few of these peppermints, and a few should not affect your ketosis at all. I should also really stress that it is completely optional to use these in the first place. Whether or not you decide to use sugar free peppermints is completely up to you and your personal preferences.
If you prefer to avoid all artificial sweeteners and less-than-ideal ingredients, that is awesome! If you don’t mind the occasional use of products like these, that’s great! There is no right or wrong when it comes to things like this!
If you do prefer to avoid these sugar free peppermint candies, simply add a little extra peppermint flavoring. Your cookies should taste exactly the same. The only thing they might miss is the crunch of the peppermint candies.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except peppermint candy) and mix. Place batter into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or small blender, grind up sugar free peppermint candies (if desired).
- Form dough into cookies and place on baking sheet. Top with crushed sugar free peppermint candies if desired.
Baking Good Tasting Keto Cookies
It can be hard to bake the perfect keto cookie. Sometimes they come out tasting too much like almond or coconut flour. Sometimes they taste too sweet. And sometimes they taste too moist and soggy, and other times they taste burnt and crispy.
If you want some tips to make the perfect keto cookie, we might be able to help!
- If you want the texture of your cookies to be perfect, try using cream cheese. Cream cheese will make it impossible for your cookies to come out too dry, and it will do a great job of holding them together so they aren’t too crumbly.
- If you’re having trouble getting your cookies to taste perfectly sweet, consider adjusting the amount of sweetener that you use. Not all keto friendly sweeteners have a 1:1 ratio to sugar, meaning that one cup of your favorite sweetener might be equal to two cups of sugar! And the opposite can also be true. Do some research and experimenting and find the perfect sweetener for you. Another thing to consider is finding a sweetener with no cooling affect or aftertaste. Not all kept friendly sweeteners are good, if we’re being honest. Some just don’t taste good. Personal preference plays a large part in deciding which sweeter to use, but we can’t recommend Lakanto’s monkfruit enough!
- If your cookies seem too thin, add some baking powder to your dough and they should thicken up significantly! Most of our cookie recipes contain baking powder, but if you ever make a recipe for cookies and they come out thin and brittle, remake them and add some baking powder.
Best Keto Friendly Sweetener
Lakanto makes the absolute best keto sweetener and we cannot recommend their products enough. We use their sweetener in all of our sweet recipes. For these keto peppermint cookies, we used their powdered sweetener. It acts and tastes just like traditional powdered sugar, but it is so much better for you!
We recommend looking at Lakanto’s website and researching their products for yourself. They have a variety of keto friendly sweeteners that are all great, so you really can’t go wrong.
Monkfruit has a 1:1 ratio to sugar, meaning that one cup of monkfruit is equal to one cup of sugar, monkfruit is zero glycemic, it has no aftertaste of cooling affect, it is completely natural, and most importantly it tastes great!
Shop Lakanto’s website and use our code “BUTTERTOGETHER” at checkout to receive 20% off your entire purchase!
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
Some Other Keto Holiday Recipes You Might Enjoy:
|1 1/2 cup Almond Flour|
|1/2 tsp Baking Powder|
|1 tsp Vanilla Extract|
|1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract|
|1/2 cup Lakanto Powdered Sweetener|
|4 tbsp Butter|
|3oz Cream Cheese|
|2-3 tbsp Sugar Free Peppermint Candy, crushed|