Don’t pass on the bun! Instead, make these keto buns that don’t taste like scrambled eggs mixed with sand!
Best Low Carb Keto Buns
There are plenty of keto buns out there, but none of them are as tasty and easy to make as these! 15 minutes is all it takes to whip up a batch of these mouthwatering keto buns. Not only are these super easy to make, but they’re also super versatile! You can serve hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, or even tacos (with a few modifications) on these delicious buns! Just shape them accordingly before they bake.
Why These Keto Buns Are The Best
These keto buns are similar to those made with Fat head dough, but with a few delicious twists! To begin, these are made with far less almond flour, and a lot more cheese. Baked into these bad boys is cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese. Have you ever seen those keto taco shells that are just made out of melted and formed cheddar cheese? If those taco shells had a baby with buns made from Fat Head dough, these keto buns would be there delicious kid (is that weird to say? Just go with it)!
How To Make Keto Buns
- To begin, mix together three eggs, like we did in photo one, and then mix in your parmesan, cheddar, almond flour, and xanthan gum, seen in photo two and three.
- Once your ingredients are mixed, place five dollops of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, seen in photo four.
- Now, smooth out the mixture into the shape you would like your buns to be in. We shaped ours into hot dog buns, seen in photos five and six.
- Next, bake your buns for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees, after which they should like like photo seven.
- Broil your buns for 3 minutes so that they look like the ones you see in photo eight.
- Finally, if you need your buns to be a certain shape, shape them while they are still warm so they will cool into the position you’ve set them in. Since we used these buns for hot dogs, we cooled them into the shape of a hot dog bun, seen in photo nine!
- Stainless Steel Taco Holder – Get a 2-pack or a 4-pack. These help big time!
- Cooling Racks – Kitchen essential!
- Dinosaur Taco Holder – This ones just for fun! 😉 For your child or for the kid at heart!
Have you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog? Please rate it below and let us know what you think in the comments! We love hearing from you!
You can also share it on instagram and use the hashtag #buttertogetherkitchen and we will feature you on our page.
Some Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 tbs almond flour
- 1 tbs parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 eggs
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix well, so that all ingredients are well mixed.
- Dollop five spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and smooth the mixture into desired shape (hot dog bun shape, hamburger bun shape, etc.).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees and then broil for 3 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Buns Serving Size: 1 Bun
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118.2 Total Fat: 10.2g Carbohydrates: 0.4g Fiber: 0.6g Protein: 7.2g
Nutritional Disclaimer: We are not certified nutritionists. Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy. The information provided is calculated through a free-web based nutrition calculator and is not guaranteed to be accurate. To ensure we provide you with good information, we look at a variety of calculators.